Ready for Production?

Hi zeratool,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum :)

While our betas are getting more and more sophisticated and stable, they are still beta releases, so we are advising those without advanced coding knowledge to avoid using PrestaShop for production at the present time.

Our goal is to release our first official version, 1.0, in roughly three weeks (late February).  There is a ton of work to be done between now and then, but we are doing our best and are committed to bringing you and everyone a not-so-bad, ok-pretty-great open-source e-Commerce solution.

The latest beta, v0.9.6 RC1, has just been released.  You can find more information, including some of the major features yet to come in v1.0, in my post here in "News & releases (English)".

Be sure to report back with any bugs or functionality ideas you may have!

See you around on the boards ...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, so lets say if I will use it to build my project, then once it's launched, the stable version is released, how easy/complicated the upgrade/patch will be ?

I asked this cuz of the current timeline of my project will hopefully on the same time the stable version is going to be released.

Thanks again.

The only difference between the current beta and v1.0 will be added features and fine-tuning of the code.  The system requirements will remain the same, as will 98% of current functionality.

Aside from the routine backing up of files on the server, upgrades are automatically handled by the PrestaShop installer. For step-by-step details of the upgrade process, check out the doc here.  The whole process should take no more than 10 minutes. :)