Combinations and advanced stock management

juanjico

Hello!

(sorry for my bad english)

I've been using Prestashop for a while, but now I have a problem that I don't know solve it.

I have a product which is composed of two pieces. Both pieces are available in 7 colors. Customer must choose the color of both pieces when placing an order.

I've created two new atributes, one for each piece. I added the available colors to every atribute. Then, at product's combinations, I've generated all possible combinations. Now, the product shows two combos so the customer can choose freely the combination.

The problem is when adding the available stock. I want to add the stock for every color of every piece, but I only have the option to add stock for every combination of colors.

The problem here is, for example, if I only have one unit available of one color of one piece, and it's sold ... that combination comes out of stock. But, all other combinations are still available for purchase. But, I don't have stock for that piece/color, so all combinations that use that color, must be out of stock too.

I'm currently changing the stock manually after every order.

Anybody knows a way to do this automatically ???

Thanks!

The products you add in your stock must have a combination of features if you sell them like that. If you see my product a pcb called PA03 which can be delivered by inductors and/or a LM4780. Two features with two values each will end up with four combinations.

If you sell a T-short in three different sizes and five colors, then you must order 15 different products. If you do a in delivery then you will have a working stock management. If you have no products in your stock and allow orders (a setting) then the stock will go negative.

post-304773-0-57669800-1464541409_thumb.png

post-304773-0-54342100-1464541416_thumb.png

Edited by peranders (see edit history)

The products you add in your stock must have a combination of features if you sell them like that. If you see my product a pcb called PA03 which can be delivered by inductors and/or a LM4780. Two features with two values each will end up with four combinations.

If you sell a T-short in three different sizes and five colors, then you must order 15 different products. If you do a in delivery then you will have a working stock management. If you have no products in your stock and allow orders (a setting) then the stock will go negative.

Thanks, but this is how I'm currently working. But have a lot of problems.

Just an example. One product, two pieces (piece1, piece2). Every piece is available in 7 colors. 49 combinations.

For piece1, only black color have stock (1 unit). For piece2, all colors have stock. In this situation, every color for piece2, is available in combination with color black for piece1.

Now, one customer buy the combination piece1->black+piece2->red. Now, this combination (black+red) is out of stock. But, all other combinations with piece2 are still available. This is wrong, because the piece1 in black color which I only have 1 unit has been sold. All combinations of piece2 with piece1->black must be out stock automatically.

This is done currently manually be myself.

I'm looking a way to do this type of sotck management automatically.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I write with a similar problem. Maybe somebody can help me how to resolv.

I have for ex. a product router, can be sold with 2 different adapters 12V or 24V.

I have created a product combination for the product, but I don't know how to manage the stock automaticly, to be decreased the router stock quantity if is sold with adapter1 or with adapter2 also, like product-pack.

I use advanced stock management.

thanks

ronn

Edited by ronniee (see edit history)