i have a problem with the login and logout of my clients, when i write my email and my password the page should be redirect to my account page, but doesn't work only stay in the login page, also when i logout my name and data stills in the page when should be close the session.

help me please

It seems some server cache issue. Have you edited your htaccess file recently?

When you click on login button after entering email id and password, it shows the same login page, right? Now try to refresh the page, it will show you account page and will also logged you in.

Such issue may arise because of HTML cache.

i have a problem with the login and logout of my clients, when i write my email and my password the page should be redirect to my account page, but doesn't work only stay in the login page, also when i logout my name and data stills in the page when should be close the session.

help me please

contact hosting and see if they are running 'varnish' cache or other.  If so, then tell them you are having issue with hosting cache and running PrestaShop.

contact hosting and see if they are running 'varnish' cache or other.  If so, then tell them you are having issue with hosting cache and running PrestaShop.

i spoke with the hosting and i said that clean the cache. they deleted the cache and worked again

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I found something related that I believe might solve the issue. Check out the info at: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/141152-solved-logout-doesnt-work-when-cache-and-rewrite-are-activated-any-real-fix/?p=677772

I discovered by trial and error that the code below has to be placed at the end of my .htaccess file. In case you don't want to research the article I listed above, here's the code I used:

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
  ExpiresActive On
  ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 seconds"
  ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 1 seconds"
  ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 seconds"
  ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 1 seconds"
  ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 120 minutes"
  ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 120 minutes"
  ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 120 minutes"
  ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 60 minutes"
  ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 60 minutes"
  ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 60 minutes"