How to disable order_conf email?

When someone make on order on my shop he recive an email that i configured that has the subject "Pending order", from this point i have to check my stock to see if i had the product and then change the status order to "Orderd confirmed". The problem is i dont want the customers recive the order_conf mail. I want to deactivate the aoutomatic send of this email template. How can i do that?

Thank you very much in advance.

I configured the preparation template, and i don't need the order_conf. Let me tell u the steps of an order:
1) Add to cart, select the payment and shipping options and confirm the order (from the client vision)
2) Client recive an automatic email with subject "Preparation in progress" that tell's him that we recive the order and check our stock of products.

So far so good...

The problem is that after "Preparation in progress" mail the client recives another email with the subject "Order confirmed" and with the details of its order that i consider useless. I don`t want to client to recive 2 emails after he send an order.

I know that i can configure the conf_order template but i don`t want the mail to be sent automatically by the script. I would like clients to recive emails about their order statuses only when i change their order statuses.

Hope that i was precise and that you can help me.

Thank you very much for feedback

I think I understand, but my reply wasn't clear. I don't think (but could be wrong) that you can disable the "Order Confirmed" email without changing the code.

You can however disable the preparation in progress one.... so why not disable that one, then modify the "Order Confirmed" template to act in its place?

I'm trying to find a way to avoid modifying the code if possible, as going down that route ties you to maintaining your changes through subsequent upgrades, that could get tedious!

If you really, really need to modify the code, then the area to look at is in classes/PaymentModule.php. you should comment out line 271:

Mail::Send(intval($order->id_lang), 'order_conf', 'Order confirmation', $data, $customer->email, $customer->firstname.' '.$customer->lastname, NULL, NULL, $fileAttachment);

But I would suggest that you try not to ;)

Paul

If i disable the preparation in progress mail i don`t recive the order_conf either. Why do u say that it`s not a good thing to modify the code? It does't matter what email will be sent automatically, the problem is that there are two emails my customers recive when they confirm an order.
Thank you "Paul C" for your help.

Commenting out the above line should work then. I was just hoping we could get around this without changing things that will likely get changed back at the next upgrade ;)

To be honest the whole "email the customer" function is a bit of a mystery. Every time I think I understand how it works I find something that breaks the rule!

Paul

Just add // in front of it i.e. change it to:

//Mail::Send(intval($order->id_lang), 'order_conf', 'Order confirmation', $data, $customer->email, $customer->firstname.' '.$customer->lastname, NULL, NULL, $fileAttachment);

That way if it doesn't work you just need to erase the comment characters to put it back the way it was.

Paul