Admin logon problem

Hi,
I've been struggling with this for more than 3weeks. After fresh installation of prestashop 1.0.0.8, the front office works fine, but i can't logon to admin panel (back office). My domain host seems to see no problem on their server. Pls can anyone help me for the solution to this. thanks, i appriciate! Johnson.

FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout
Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
Error Description: The wait operation timed out.
HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but it has nothing to do with my lossing password or forgotten it. It has something to do with time out when loading php files
to logon to admin panel. any idea what could be the cause of it. It works previously and suddenly began to behave this way.

thanks and any help will be appreciated.

FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout
Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
Error Description: The wait operation timed out.
HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I installed PrestaShop offline on a local WAMP server and tested in several browsers with no issues. After uploading all the files and importing my db, the front end was fine, but I was getting the admin login loop. I tried all the suggestions here - adding full URL, etc. - everything. I didn't want to overwrite my install because I customized some of the modules. I'm on a 1&1;server, MySQL 5.x DB, mod rewrite and PHP5 are enabled via htaccess.

What worked for me:
I went to config/settings.inc.php and changed a character in the COOKIE_KEY line. I can now access the backoffice in Firefox, IE, Sea Monkey, Opera, etc. I also changed my live admin folder to a different name than I'm using on my localhost.

Hope this works for someone! I'm very impressed with PrestaShop - and even happier now that everything is running smoothly.

Hi,
thanks anyway, but i finally have to change my domain host to another. It seems running Prestashop on Linux based server works beter than that of windows. I don't know if that is the case, but all works fine now on linux based server.

thanks again,

Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

I have had PrestaShop 1.0.0.8 installed for over a week now and suddenly today I cannot login to the backoffice. I've tried clearing my browsers' caches (IE7, Firefox3, Google Chrome) and cookies. I've tried adding a new user manually to the database. I've tried changing a character in the cookie key in config/settings.inc.php (per another thread here in the forum). I've even tried it from 3 computers, one of which is on a different IP address than the other two. I've tried rebooting all the computers and clearing all the private data again. Nothing works.

When I type in my login credentials, I am returned to the login screen again and the form fields are clear.

In the past week, I have entered 115 categories and 326 products and was nearly ready to open my store and now suddenly I cannot administer the site. I have it disabled to the public, so I cannot even view the main homepage because I can't enable it via admin.

PLEASE HELP, I've done hours upon hours of work all hours of the last week and I'm frustrated that I can't start selling stuff.

Thanks.

Apache version 2.2.9 (Unix)
CENTOS Enterprise 4.5 i686
PHP version 5.2.6
MySQL version 5.0.51a-community

Hi all,

1.1 RC1 introduce a new admin logon system, that's should fix 90% of logon issues.

Anywhere, did you try to delete all your cookies ?
What you are saying (magically started working again) seems to be a temporary issue, so not a server issue but a client issue, like cookie problems.

• 2 weeks later...