Customers not being able to log out (along with a few other logout related anomalies)

Hi world.

What's happening, is once a customer has logged out of the shop front, they are automatically logged back in the moment they view another page. 

This is not such a huge problem if you're a single customer, but it is a huge issue if multiple login accounts have been used on a single computer because the logged in customer can suddenly change.
Eg: customer A logs out and customer B logs in. When customer B views his purchase history, he is presented with customer A's history. Reload the page and customer B's history now shows. Then, when customer B logs out and we view a new page, it's a toss up which customer will be, again, logged in.

All caching is turned off (which is seriously hurting the speed of the site so I really want to turn it back on) and all the cached smarty files have been manually deleted.

Is there an extra layer of caching or cookies that preventing new content from displaying or is keeping customers logged in? Is it perhaps the version of PHP of my hosting ISP's server? (I'm running Prestashop v1.6.1.4 running on php v5.5). Is it an SSL issue?

I did find references on Prestashop's forums about a similar problem way back in version 1.4 that was solved with some code in the config file to force cookies to expire, but it has not been an issue since then. Login issues were also being experienced when friendly URLs were being used with SSL, but I've turned off that feature as well.

The main problem is that it's my client that's experiencing the problem because she's creating accounts on behalf of other people. (It's unlikely that anyone else is going to notice this because they will be logging in with a single account – it's just typical that it's the client that's having this problem)

I'm using pf_newfashionstore as the theme and the site can be viewed at:   https://khulisanetwork.co.za

All help and assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.