So many Abandoned Shopping carts HELP

Hello forum.

So i setup my Ecommerce Prestashop based store 1 month now (Moved from Magento)..

and i have been noticing 150+ Abandoned shopping carts everyday and still going, with no sales.

im using Paypal - bank Wire - Stripe and Bitcoin for forms of payment and im sure they work

cus i have had sales. but i think 150-200 Abandoned Shopping carts each day is just to much or maybe a prestashop bug.

im not sure what could be the reason. maybe someone here may have the same issue or know anything that can help me out a bit

Im selling digital products and each abandoned cart has different products in it. i would understand if all 150+ carts have the same item then i would think its a bug but its all different types of products.  i will upload an image so you guys see.

Notes:

1) i get about 6K visits everyday.

2) i have guest checkout enable

3) Store is 8 Months old

Thanx

post-1246909-0-25420400-1463029003_thumb.png

these abandoned carts - if they arent associated with customers - can be related to crawlers / bots like google boot, some spam crawlers etc.

Hey thanx for the reply.

is there any way to avoid-gnore or stop these google bots or Spam Crawlers ?

thanx

• 7 years later...

I know the issue happened long ago (2016) but maybe someone else will benefit from this solution. You can identify the bot responsible for shopping cart creation in Raw access file on your server. Once you identify the bot you can block it via .htaccess. More info: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2550501

It helped me but unfortunately some bots don't use a signature (bot name) and they change the IP quite often so blocking IP also doesn't work. Can anyone suggest alternative solution for bots that don't have signature? Is there a way to block access to anyone who add items to cart in a time span that is shorter than specified? Let's say to block access to the site for visitors who add product to cart more than once and in the time shorter than 3 sec?

• Like 1