Hyperlink and other change in Product Comments module

Hi everyone :)

I'm wanting a hyperlink to appear/open in the 'Your name' (the reviewer) section of the module. For example: Mr John Smith is the person who left a review. I would like Mr John Smith to be a hyperlink (of my choosing).

I can manually add the hyperlinks if need be, if someone tells me what to do and where to do it :)

I'd also like to remove the 'Was this comment helpful to you? Yes/No' and 'Report Abuse' and 'Write your review' (these appear only when a customer is logged in) Figured this part out 

TIA!

Edited by kinderyum (see edit history)

you have to alter moduel file: productcomments.tpl

there is a code:

<strong itemprop="author">{$comment.customer_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</strong>

you can change it to:

<a href="mylink"><strong itemprop="author">{$comment.customer_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</strong></a>

where mylink is an url.

• Like 1

there is a code:

<strong itemprop="author">{$comment.customer_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</strong>

you can change it to:

<a href="mylink"><strong itemprop="author">{$comment.customer_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</strong></a>

where mylink is an url.

Hi Vekia, thank you! I will try it!

I see you replying to people's posts and helping out a lot. Thank you!

there is a code:

you can change it to:

where mylink is an url.

Is there a way to set different hyperlinks for different reviews?. I may not have expressed that very well in my original post, sorry. I have reviews left by several different people and I want to link back to their website :) 

• 3 weeks later...