PS 1.6.1.5 Guest Checkout Problem

Can this work like a normal guest checkout that all customers are used to?

If I try to check out as a guest, it doesn't calculate tax or let me select a billing option unless I hit the save button but this doesn't make sense at all and our customers will be very confused and abandon rates will skyrocket instead of drop (which is what it is intended to do).

Also, if I do fill in the address information and hit the save button and leave the site and come back later, the address is populated and doesn't go away.

This guest checkout really does not make any sense at all.

Can someone help us create a guest checkout that works normally without having to save any customer information?

Prestashop is superior to our old hosted solution in pretty much every way possible, but the poor functioning guest checkout. It's driving me nutts and I can't figure it out.

Thanks EP. We have approximately 18% of our customers currently using guest checkout. And I do a lot of online shopping as well and use it a lot. I just really don't understand why or if we can have a normal checkout process and how to implement it.

Thanks EP. I'll look into all of the ones I can find.

hey let us know results of your research.  I know my team does this a lot for clients who do loads of business...typically they are already using one or if we creating non-ps to ps they find out in short order that native is to basic...happy day,  el