Force Login to View Products?

Hello all,

I'm considering PrestaShop as a solution for a store that will only be available to a few pre-determined people, and would thus like to force users to log-in before seeing what products are available.

I believe I have found a post using the search function that describes how to disable the registration function so that I can control who has access. But is there an easy way to force an initial log-in in as described above?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this can be done. For the purpose the products should be under categories that only certain Member group have access to.

So when creating a new category you should check only this group(s) under "Groups access:". Then place your products in this or those categories.

Finally when you create new member accounts you should assign them to one of the groups that have access to view the products in those categories.

• Like 1

Thanks Martin -- that makes perfect sense. I'm still getting used to PrestaShop back end, but I do think that will work just fine.

Best,

Brian

Yes, this can be done. For the purpose the products should be under categories that only certain Member group have access to.

So when creating a new category you should check only this group(s) under "Groups access:". Then place your products in this or those categories.

Finally when you create new member accounts you should assign them to one of the groups that have access to view the products in those categories.

Check out the "Private shop" module in my shop (address in my signature), it lets you force people to login before viewing your site, you can also disable registration, or have it require your approval before the customer can actually log in.

You can also make only certain parts of your site private.