[Solved] Delete Subcategories Images

in the file category.css  

You can found it : themes >> default-bootstrap >> css

And put this on line 9

/* ************************************************************************************************
								Categories Page Styles
************************************************************************************************ */
.content_scene_cat {
  border-top: 2px solid #333;
  color: #000;
  line-height: 19px;
  margin: 0 0 26px 0; }
  .content_scene_cat .content_scene_cat_bg {display:none;
    padding: 18px 10px 10px 42px;
    background-color: #464646 !important; }
    @media (max-width: 1199px) {
      .content_scene_cat .content_scene_cat_bg {
  • Like 1

This depends on exactly what image you speak of are you talking about the header image for the sub categories or the small images for the sub categories that appear when you click on the root category.

I will assume from the image you posted you want to remove the sub category header images all you need to do is edit the sub category and delete the image this also applies to root categories.

While the method posted above would work it is not the best method as the images would still load but would not display.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

This depends on exactly what image you speak of are you talking about the header image for the sub categories or the small images for the sub categories that appear when you click on the root category.

I will assume from the image you posted you want to remove the sub category header images all you need to do is edit the sub category and delete the image this also applies to root categories.

While the method posted above would work it is not the best method as the images would still load but would not display.

Hello.

So, what must I do?

Regards.

Hi,

with any ftp client or file-manager from Cpanel just open the following file: /themes/default-bootstrap/css/category.css

and add at the end of that file the following line:

.content_scene_cat .content_scene_cat_bg { display: none; }

This will hide the category's main image at the top of the content in every category page.

Regards, Leo

• Like 1

In the BO go to your Categories and click on the first Category with sub categories this will bring up the list of sub categories, click the edit icon on the right you should now see the image associated with this sub category click delete, you will need to do this for each sub category where you want to remove the image.

Just to explain a little more why I never recommend using display:none in most situations, while it does exactly as described the images are still loaded just not displayed slowing down your site.

In the image below I added an image to a sub category and used display:none in the category.css and as you can see the image is loaded just not displayed.