PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.10 working with PayPal Payments Advanced... FIXED

papagino

Hi guys,

Recently, my "paid" Paypal Advanced module stop working properly with PayFlow (wrong shipping carrier recorded in BO and many failed transactions resulting in lost sales) so I decided to investigate why I was never been able to get the Prestashop's PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 module working with the Paypal Advanced feature.

Searching through the Bug Tracker, I found that the Prestashop developers seems to be aware of the problems with PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 as a bug fix was posted back in August 2015 and a simple change in the file paypalusa/paypalusa.php would fix many of the problems reported using the Paypal Advanced option. I am not sure why Prestashop had never released the PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.10 module?

Anyway, if some of you are trying to get the Prestashop's PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 module working with the Paypal Advanced feature, try this:

Change the file paypalusa/paypalusa.php as per Bug Tracker:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/pull/432/files

This will bring up the PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 module to version v1.3.10.

I also modified the paypalusa/views/templates/hook/standard.tpl file as per Bug Tracker:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/pull/434/files

This change will removed taxes from the discounts and shipping totals, because they're already included in the total tax, and fixed issues with orders not being recorded in BO after successful PayPal Payment.

I am still testing this updated module on my shop, everything seems to be working great, the only thing I noticed is that I get two errors when loading the Modules/Payment page in my Back office:

1. paypalusa (parse error in /modules/paypalusa/paypalusa.php)
  2. paypalusa (class missing in /modules/paypalusa/paypalusa.php)

I tried manually clearing the cache files but I can't get the errors to go away.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

Dan

Edited by papagino (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...