Hook/module positioning

I used to have something in the left column of my site, and an image slider filling all the space to the right of it, but then when I deleted the left column, and added it back in with another module (categories), the image slider now either sits at the top centre, leaving no space for the left column next to it (so it ends up beneath), or if I add the image slider in again to the right column it sits in the right place, but no longer swaps the slides.

What do I need to do to get the category list alongside the image slider?

Thanks

http://www.snobscustoms.com

Are you sure that your image slider and left column are attatched to the same hook? I look at your code and they belong to different blocks. The image is a full size <div>, while the left column is part of another <div>, thus it doesn't appear next to the image.

They're on different hooks, which Is what I want isn't it?  I'm not very experienced with Prestashop and it's hooks - nothing seems straight forward.

I thought each module needs to be on its own hook.  The image slider used to be next to another module, until I accidentally deleted the other hook, but now the left column is back the image slider doesnt sit next to it. What do I need to do to get them next to each other?

My apologies if I confused you even more... To speak honestly I am also new here (building my site), and neither I do understand the system with the hooks perfectly. I just saw this video, and I think that the left column goes by default under the slider.

I just checked my .tpl files and I can't find anywhere the html code of the home page. If you find it and copy paste it, I can probably help you. 

As far as I am aware though, I shouldn't need to go in and edit the code. The modules should attach to the hooks and position correctly easily.

With regards to the link you posted, that is what I did to get my left column back up after I originally deleted it, which is what has caused it to sit below the slider and not to the side.

Forget the slider default module and search for the responsive slider everywhere free module.

You might want see the how to put facebook module on footer.

And I don't remenber exactly, but I saw same thing how to do what you want in mypresta.eu site from Vekia.

I just searched about it and you have right: it can't be hooked. But there is a solution and it seems to be easy. Check here the answer #3 by tdr170.

Aha! This has worked Mila!  When adding the slider to the right column, it was still staying at the top centre (which was actually in 'DisplayTopColumn" but I didn't know it was on that hook). Removing it from that one left it only in the right column that I wanted, and also made that one work properly, as before when there were two sliders, only the top one was actually swapping slides.

Thank you.

If you look at the site now, the New products block is above the image slider, but it will not left me move it below the slider. Why is this? What is stopping it from going below, as it is the same hook isn't it, so I just thought the hierarchy would need to be changed.

I can't find that free module, only a £35 one with that name.

I've  just wrote on google "sliders everywhere prestashop free module" and here it is the first answer to you:

https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiz5sD_p5HMAhWJF5AKHaknB6UQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.prestashop.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d%2F&usg=AFQjCNE1E5yeTUUskg7XQv3SLDfFQx_8-A&sig2=JKRx19s_ab5OAgvyJZv-KA&bvm=bv.119745492,d.Y2I

Aha! This has worked Mila!  When adding the slider to the right column, it was still staying at the top centre (which was actually in 'DisplayTopColumn" but I didn't know it was on that hook). Removing it from that one left it only in the right column that I wanted, and also made that one work properly, as before when there were two sliders, only the top one was actually swapping slides.

Thank you.

Don't forget to look your responsive site (mobile), because default slider doesn't work.

If you look at the site now, the New products block is above the image slider, but it will not left me move it below the slider. Why is this? What is stopping it from going below, as it is the same hook isn't it, so I just thought the hierarchy would need to be changed.

To change positions of modules go to modules->positions in Back Office and just move up or down the module in the hook you want.

I am glad that you found a solution!  :) What do you mean it doesn't allow you to move the new products? You can move it by going to Modules & Services -> Positions, find the hook and click on V to move down. 

By the way, riras has right about the mobile view of the default slider. It doesn't appear at all...