Changing the indexed url of index/home page

misterc

HI,

We have just updated to Prestashop 1.6.1.4, although the problem was evident on the previous version we were using. My home page (which is the most important page usually for Google indexing) is only showing the shop name as the title (faux-Fur-Throws.com) I have tried adding further information (Huge range of faux fur throw designs) which shows in the dashboard but doesn't appear in the Google listing. In the help section, if I read it correctly, it said that the index page title is determined by the name of the store in store contacts. But if that is the case, does it mean I have to call my store Faux-Fur-Throws.com | Huge range of faux fur throw designs, to get the listing I want in Google?

Perhaps I am just not interpreting the instructions correctly? The url's of all of my other pages are fine; just the index/home page.

Any guidance appreciated.

John C

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. It works for all of the other pages, but for the index page we have added the extra text/title that we require but it isn't being picked up by Google (only the shop title) In Prestashop help documents, if we understand them correctly, states that the page title is determined by the store name, so presumably we would need to change the store name to a name plus a description, for this to be picked up by Google.

Hi, 

I took a look at you website, searching for a part of your page title " huge range of faux fur " and your page title does appear in the google listings as: 

Faux Fur Throws | Huge range of Faux Fur Throw Designs ..

( I would suggest to rewrite it to be under 60 characters, or even better, to use a Google serp snipet tool to see how it would look in the search results ( since the title display space is measured in pixels and not actually characters)) .

If you are searching in google for the site url or name/brad only, google might "customize" the result according to the search, ignoring your title tag. That's why if you are searching for: faux-fur-throws.com - the result will be : Faux Fur Throws - the shop name.

I suggest to make some searches for other keywords your site's index ranks and see what results you get. 

Kind regards