[SOLVED] re-arranging module positions

Thanks for your replies ...

I can move blocks Up and Down, but when I edit a block position, I see the drop down menu to change from one column to an other, but it is grey out, I can't change it ... is this something I need to activate somewhere may be?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi! My problem is the same but When I go to backoffice - modules - position - transplant a module the module option and the hook option are grey and I can't change it.
I would like to change position of some modules to another place of my site.

How can I do this?

Thank you

• 10 months later...

When I try to move my Currency block to Left column blocks I get the error This module can't be transplanted to this hook. How do I work around it?
I also have an off topic question - why do I have two of every (or at least most) block in Back Office > Modules > Positions? For instance Currency block is in Header of pages and Top of pages.

That's because the currency block wasn't design to be placed in the left column. It is designed to be placed at the top of the page only. To allow the currency block to be placed in the left column, you must edit modules/blockcurrencies/blockcurrencies.php and add the following before the last }:

public function hookLeftColumn($params)
{
   return $this->hookTop($params);
}

You will then be able to transplant the currency block into the left column, but it will likely not fit well. You may need to modify themes/yourtheme/css/modules/blockcurrencies/blockcurrencies.css to change the styles to make it fit better. If you want to make it a block, then you will need to override blockcurrencies.tpl by copying it to themes/yourtheme/modules/blockcurrencies/blockcurrencies.tpl and then change the first two lines to:

The reason the modules appear twice is because the module's JavaScript is added in the "Header of pages" hook and the module's HTML code is added in the other hook. Both are required for the module to work.

{l s='Currencies' mod='blockcurrencies'}
  • Like 2

Hey I have the same problem, however I do not think that editing the module is not good because of the future updates and bugs. I think the best way to do this is to extend the module and then activate it, but I am not sure if this works right practically.

• 1 year later...