Editing header links

I'd like to change the Contact Us link in the header to point to the page of a new contact module I will install, and maybe add a couple more links.

I have these links at the top right of an edited default theme.:

Contact Us, Sign In

Comparing it to the default theme, I think I disabled the Language block and Currency block. 

How can I edit the Contact Us link, and how can I add more links to this header list?

I tried editing modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks-header.tpl, but the changes are not taking effect, and that doesn't seem to be the right file anyway, because it lists contact, sitemap and bookmarks, and those last two aren't shown on the page.

Edited by TurkeyFish (see edit history)

That doesn't appear to be the right file either. Its contents are below. It has a phone number and email link, neither of which is what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the Contact Us and Log In links at the top right. The Contact Us link links to /contact-us. 

<div id="contact_block" class="block">
<h4 class="title_block">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcontact'}</h4>
<div class="block_content clearfix">
<p>{l s='Our support hotline is available 24/7.' mod='blockcontact'}</p>
{if $telnumber != ''}<p class="tel"><span class="label">{l s='Phone:' mod='blockcontact'}</span><span itemprop="telephone"><a href="tel:{$telnumber|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}">{$telnumber|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</a></span></p>{/if}
{if $email != ''}<a href="mailto:{$email|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Contact our expert support team!' mod='blockcontact'}">{l s='Contact our expert support team!' mod='blockcontact'}</a>{/if}
</div>
</div>

No, that was blockcontact.

Here is blockcontactinfo. It's all from the default theme.

<!-- MODULE Block contact infos -->
<div id="block_contact_infos">
<h4 class="title_block">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcontactinfos'}</h4>
<ul>
{if $blockcontactinfos_company != ''}<li><strong>{$blockcontactinfos_company|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</strong></li>{/if}
{if $blockcontactinfos_address != ''}<li><pre>{$blockcontactinfos_address|escape:'html':'UTF-8'|nl2br}</pre></li>{/if}
{if $blockcontactinfos_phone != ''}<li>{l s='Tel' mod='blockcontactinfos'} {$blockcontactinfos_phone|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</li>{/if}
{if $blockcontactinfos_email != ''}<li>{l s='Email:' mod='blockcontactinfos'} {mailto address=$blockcontactinfos_email|escape:'html':'UTF-8' encode="hex"}</li>{/if}
</ul>
</div>
<!-- /MODULE Block contact infos -->