Problem Editing And Saving Products After Ps Update

Hello everyone.

I've just upgraded from PS 1.4 to PS 1.6.1.4.

I'm now getting a HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) everytime I save the edit of a product (save or save and stay), so I can't edit products.

Please help me, I already tried a lot of things I read online but it keeps happening everytime... thanks in advance.

Here goes my info:

Server information Linux #1 SMP Thu Jun 4 05:31:11 EDT 2015 x86_64

Server software version Apache

PHP version 5.2.17

Memory limit 256M

Max execution time 300

probably something simple like running out of memory, for example.

When you receive a blank page or 500 error, enable PrestaShop debug mode to obtain the internal php error.  (you can also check php error log from hosting)

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

Hello, and thanks a lot for your help.

I already turned debbuging mode on but it shows no signs of error besides the 500 Internal Error.

Can you tell me what's the ideal value for the memory limit, and max execution time, in this version of Prestashop 1.6.1.4?

So I can request my web server to make the necessary changes.

Thanks again.

Best regards

Hello, and thanks a lot for your help.

I already turned debbuging mode on but it shows no signs of error besides the 500 Internal Error.

Can you tell me what's the ideal value for the memory limit, and max execution time, in this version of Prestashop 1.6.1.4?

So I can request my web server to make the necessary changes.

Thanks again.

Best regards

Hi, when ps debug enabled and still 500 error.  Then it's an error that is surpessed from website by sever.  My idea is that it's a mod_secrurity issue.

What to do?  From hosting, locate your domains php error log, if you do not know how to find it search on the web using your hosting type in search, or contact your hosting company to help you locate it.

There you should see the actual php error, this is must have information to move forward.

Let us know what you find.

Hello

The admin of the server we use reported the following errors:

- Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http:// the page of the product i was trying to save

- File does not exist: /home/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http:// the page of the product i was trying to save

Any help would be welcome, and thank you in advance.

Best regards

Nuno Costa

Edited by nunofc (see edit history)

Any help on this would be extremely welcome, since I can't put the shop working properly without editing or saving products.

I tried to do a fresh installment of prestashop and it worked fine, I was able to create and save products, then when I loaded my previous backed up files from the shop the issue came on again.

Thanks in advance

Best regards