How To Import Combination With Csv Or Another Module For It?

Hi all,

I have been using prestashop 1.6.1.4 massively for my website. I have been also trying to upload products using csv so far but there are some cases which csv function can not help.

Firstly, is there an easy way to import product combinations? Should I manually create base product first and then using csv to create combinations?

Secondly, if there is not any easy way, is there any good module which can handle both import process and combinations, images etc with ease?

I have also figured out that after creating a product with combinations, on front end when you search that product with reference code, it does not show up. It only bring search results with product name. I have made re-index.

I would be very greateful for any help.

Regards,
Deniz

You can import combinations via a CSV file. You should create and import products first (with base price), and then create a file for combinations (you can download example from the panel). The second file must have some unique product identifier (by ID or reference) and I also suggest to give a reference to every combination for future imports (if you don't, new combinations will get created every time resulting in a big mess).

• 4 weeks later...
if there is not any easy way, is there any good module which can handle both import process and combinations, images etc with ease?

Hi

To upload products with combinations in one go, you can use Store Manager for PrestaShop, it copes with the requirement you have, as well as lets assign images to uploaded combinations.

Import wizard, .csv file is uploaded with, will ask you to select identifiers for both - product and combinations. If you have these in the file, you will be able to create products with variations. Here is step by step tutorial and sample file - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/tips-on-how-to-import-prestashop-attributes/. This tutorial covers image import (for product combinations) settings - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-set-different-images-to-prestashop-product-combinations/

Store Manager for PrestaShop is  available at http://addons.prestashop.com/en/2937-store-manager-for-prestashop.html

Edited by Iryna (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm setting up a new store. I'm importing product information via csv files. Then I'm adding combinations with another csv file. All good.

Now I need to update the combinations impact on price for selected products. I upload the combinations for a single with changes, using the same csv file format and the product id as the key. The data is not updated and no errors are generated. I also tried using the product reference as the key. Same results.

I search and read many entries on this topic. I'm not finding answers. I'm not interested buy Store Manager. There should be a way to do this in PS directly.

How do you update existing combination data?

• 2 years later...
On 3-3-2016 at 12:09 PM, Daresh said:

You can import combinations via a CSV file. You should create and import products first (with base price), and then create a file for combinations (you can download example from the panel). The second file must have some unique product identifier (by ID or reference) and I also suggest to give a reference to every combination for future imports (if you don't, new combinations will get created every time resulting in a big mess).

Hi, 

Could you please take a look to my files? 

Is this the correct way to do it? 

TOPIC: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/915805-import-csv-products-combinations/?tab=comments#comment-2992734