Paypal Test Mode Doesn't Work

Duskfall

While live mode seems to work properly, i have tried the test mode to make test purchases.

I have already setup a sandbox account and credentials but when i press the paypal button in my eshop i get this error

• Send with CURL method failed ! Error: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure
  • Connect failed with fsockopen method

I have the latest module version and Prestashop 1.6.1.3 version.

Edit: Also tried 1.6.1.4 version.

I present one log of the module:

Result :

Logs : Array

(

[0] => Making new connection to 'api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp'

[1] => Connect with CURL method successful

[2] => <b>Sending this params:</b>

[3] => METHOD=SetExpressCheckout&VERSION=106&PWD=test&USER=test&SIGNATURE=test&CANCELURL=test&RETURNURL=test&NOSHIPPING=1&BUTTONSOURCE=PRESTASHOP_EC&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER0=9&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME0=test&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC0=...&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT0=0.84&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY0=5&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION=Sale&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE=EUR&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT=2.00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT=4.2&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT=6.20&ADDROVERRIDE=1&EMAIL=test%40test.com&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME=test&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOPHONENUM=test&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET=test&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2=test&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY=test&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE=GR-54&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE=GR&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP=56224&SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole&LANDINGPAGE=Login&USER=test&PWD=test&SIGNATURE=test

[4] => Send with CURL method failed ! Error: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

[5] => Connect failed with fsockopen method

)

Furthermore I can't see the PayPal images on backend they are showed as ?

The funny thing is that when i do a simple get with the querystring params in a browser i get a result with the token data etc.

Please advise!

Thanks

Edited by Duskfall (see edit history)

Thanks for the answer I have found something in a post indeed though not clear enough for me

For reference what i did was commenting out the two lines in the module in paypal_connect.php

//@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, defined('CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1') ? CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1 : 1);
//@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_CIPHER_LIST, 'TLSv1');

They disabled SSL v3 in Paypal sandbox.  There are changes that you need to make to the module so that it connects with TLS.  There was a post just a few days ago in this thread on what you need to do. 

Hello. Do you have a link to this post please? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest locen

Hi, i have problem in test mode (sandbox) i see this: 

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2016-05-24T07:41:22Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

but in live mode all is ok

please help me

Guest locen

I created account and all seems work but status is waiting paypal payment. Is it correct or it must have payment accepted?