Shopping Cart sequence. Is it right?

I just wondered what peoples views were on the shopping cart sequence.

The issue for me is that the shipping appears to be out of sequence.

Personally I like to be able to see the price of my goods and the shipping options on the same page.

If the total price is a bit much I like to play around with the shipping options to see if I can save a bit of money.

It is a bit late into the day to allow customers to see that shipping charges after they log in.

In any case if we are moving to the "1-Click Purchase" the shipping options need to be at the front end to make the system work.

Your views please.

Looking more closely at this I have noticed that when you are logged in that your addresses (Delivery & Billing) appear 2 times in the order process.

Once at the "Shopping cart summary" page (order.php)

Then at the "Address" page (order.php?step=1)

There is no reason for it to be on the summary page.

I think that the "Address" page should be removed and the address it should form part of the delivery page.

Seems to make more sense and it will take a step out of the process so that you stand less chance of losing a customer.

I am surprised that there has been only one comment in realtion to this topic (Thanks jtyana).

The whole idea of the online shopping process is to make it as smooth as possible.

The more clicks that customers have to make the more chance of losing them.

More duplicity also puts customers off.

I know that the "1 Click Purchase" is being developed but surely these minor changes I have suggested only include a few pages.

I have a feeling that this forum is getting way off the mark in relation to the "Customer Experience" factor of the program!!!