Hi all

I submitted a bug and the response was that it's been fived in SVN 2103.

Can I use SVN's on production sites, do I use all the files or only the part that I believe contains the bug ?
Do I simply overwrite the old files with the new SVN ones ?

Thanks

Depends on what you're trying to update. If its a module, you may be okay. If its a core file, probably not. I've had to disable invoices due to the rounding bug with taxes. I tried to replace the relevant php files as they have supposedly addressed this issue but it failed miserably.

From what I gather, the 1.3 versions involve a tonne of rewrites. So unless you update the whole core, NOT RECOMMENDED, you're kinda stuck until the final version.

Can you tell me what you are trying to update?

hi

Thanks for your help. I had a problem with shipping when using multiple carriers, and the problem still exists on version 1.3 beta:

http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/4048/
The response to the bug was that its fixed on SVN version at revision 2103.

I don't know which files to change. At the moment the shop is not up and running so I figured I should use a complete SVN version rather than the current stable version of 1.2.5

Are you saying I should not goto Version 3 or use SVN until after Beta stage ? Is SVN an increment over version 3 ?

Thanks

The SVN versions are just an incremental step in the development. They are far from 'stable', and whilst useful for testing new features etc, should be treated with caution.

I have a similar dilemma myself, I've spent 3 months developing a heavily modified PS install (1.2.5), and am about to go public with it in the next week or so. However, 1.2.5 is buggy as hell. I was gonna take a chance on one of the latest SVN versions, but having read many threads from people who have made the same mistake, decided not to!

Your best bet is to post a thread regarding your specific problem and hope someone has encountered, and overcome, the same problem. From everything I've read, a hacked 1.2.5 version is still a safer bet than using a SVN version.

Regarding copying new version files onto an older release, there's a good chance they will not be compatible. If you look at the bug fixes that are highlighted in the changelog that comes with a SVN version, you'll see significant changes from the stable release. Simply copying a php file or two will mostly not work as many of the files interact with other core files in ps. From my attempts, it's all or nothing!

If you don't plan on releasing your site live for a few months however, and are just wanting to get your head around ps, maybe developing a test site on the latest SVN version ain't so risky. Just be aware the ps team will not give even the slightest hint as to when the next stable release is due. They take the 'as long as it takes' approach which is fair enough. Just bare that in mind if you hope to launch something sooner rather than later!

Thanks for your help once again.

I wanted this shop online yesterday and I've posted my specific problem to the forum but it hasn't been resolved :(
If I continue with PS I will have only one carrier for the moment, it's not cost effective though. Or I may switch to another software (OpenCart - not to offend anyone) until PS sorts out this problem, It's a shame as I like the interface and it's got great features..