Free Usps Module

Yes that is the correct one, did you also notice there is also No UPS or FedEx module listed anymore just the UPS.

Luckily I have all three from a previous 1.6 install and made backups of each.

It is strange one day it shows and another it does not, not sure what they are up to.

Thank you for letting me know about the USPS module. Coming from Zen Cart and knowing other carts like Magento, I don't understand why USPS would not be included in the root files. Perhaps PrestaShop is global so having USPS is not proper for other countries. But I would assume USPS, UPS and FedEX are most used than any other services so why not include them?

UPS and FedEX on the other hand, crazy they are not automatically added. All I can think is Prestashop want you to pay for their shipping addons as to make it hard to implement these for free. So by not showing in the modules area people may be more likely to use the paid modules. Just my guess but what do I know. Appreciate your help.

Here is a note on the Github modules Please read.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/503174-prestashop-usps-carrier-module-missing/

As far as the USPS module I actually just upgraded to a paid version from Presto-Changeo as the FREE module does not include international shipping only domestic.

It also does not take into account the package size even if you input one on the products the paid version does.

The FREE version pricing never matched the shipping quote from USPS with all inputs the same ie: weight, package size, destination.

With the paid version it is exact, so I guess since the Prestashop is free if you spend a couple bucks for extra functionality your still good.