Possible Multistore Permissions Bug

davetbo

Hello,

I think I discovered a bug for you.  I enabled multistore and set up 2 stores and 2 users.  The first user is the admin user and has access to both stores.  The second user has access only to the second store. In the creation screen for Employee 2 I checked the "shop association" box for the second store only. If I look in the database at the ps_employee_store I see the following:

mysql> select * from ps_employee_shop

-> ;

+-------------+---------+

| id_employee | id_shop |

|           1       |       1 |

|           1       |       3 |

|           2       |       3 |

You can see employee ID 2 only should have access to shop 3.  I deleted shop 2 previously while testing this, hence it is no longer in the table.

If employee ID 2 tries to log into the shop ID 1, it should be denied, right?  It is not.  It is allowing it.  Please advise.

Best,
Dave

In addition to the problem previously mentioned, if I log in to the URL for store 2 with User 2, who has only been assigned a shop association with the second store, the back end shows the store name for store 1 in the title bar above, not store 2.  Therefore, it looks like the multistore login and shop association is forcing user 2 to log into store 1, even if the store URL is the URL for the second store.  Very weird.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a clean copy of PrestaShop and reproduced the error and it's still doing the same thing, so it doesn't appear to be something broken about the particular installation instance.  I would really like to use PrestaShop for this SaaS project I'm working on, but this is requirement #1 to get working.  It looks like it should work in theory (if I understand the "shop association" and multistore features), but it doesn't appear to be working in practice.  I look forward to figuring this out.  I appreciate your help.

Best,
Dave