My Shop Can Not Sign In With Strange Error

hello all,

im new, when i upload my shop to server i can not use sign in funtion, when i click sign in it show me an error below

any idea is very important to me, please help !

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/a5654308/public_html/controllers/front/AuthController.php on line 364

post-1163883-0-25043000-1453042007_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jake Tran (see edit history)

Which php-version are you using ?

The file you named have an error on line 364. there seems to be missing a t_variable in this line. You made some code-adaptations ?

Please check the code of the line 364 in your /controllers/front/AuthController.php

t_variable is possible a missing semicolon at the end of this line, or some lines before surrounding the line 364.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Which php-version are you using ?

The file you named have an error on line 364. there seems to be missing a t_variable in this line. You made some code-adaptations ?

Please check the code of the line 364 in your /controllers/front/AuthController.php

t_variable is possible a missing semicolon at the end of this line, or some lines before surrounding the line 364.

im using normaly on localhost php version:

• Server: localhost via TCP/IP
  • Server version: 5.1.41
  • Protocol version: 10
  • User: root@localhost
  • MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

when i upload to server ( free host ) using php ver:

Apache ver. 2.2.19 (Unix) PHP version 5.2.* MySQL ver. 5.1

i did not change anything in this file /controllers/front/AuthController.php

Edited by Jake Tran (see edit history)

this is full code of this hook from line 360- 380, im using prestashop 1.6, please correct me:

protected function processCustomerNewsletter(&$customer)
    {
        $blocknewsletter = Module::isInstalled('blocknewsletter') && $module_newsletter = Module::getInstanceByName('blocknewsletter');
        if ($blocknewsletter && $module_newsletter->active && !Tools::getValue('newsletter')) {
            if (is_callable(array($module_newsletter, 'isNewsletterRegistered')) && $module_newsletter->isNewsletterRegistered(Tools::getValue('email')) == $module_newsletter::GUEST_REGISTERED) {

/* Force newsletter registration as customer as already registred as guest */
                $_POST['newsletter'] = true;
            }
        }

if (Tools::getValue('newsletter')) {
            $customer->newsletter = true;
            $customer->ip_registration_newsletter = pSQL(Tools::getRemoteAddr());
            $customer->newsletter_date_add = pSQL(date('Y-m-d H:i:s'));
            /** @var Blocknewsletter $module_newsletter */
            if ($blocknewsletter && $module_newsletter->active) {
                $module_newsletter->confirmSubscription(Tools::getValue('email'));
            }
        }
    }

You know that Prestashop 1.6. requires at least php-version 5.3, best is 5.4 or higher. You should contact your provider and change the php-version on your server. Furthermore it is better too to use mySQL 5.5. You are trying to run Prestashop latest and actual technique on an really old deprecated machine. This will not work at all.

• 2 months later...

For others with this issue - I had the same problem - I ungraded to php 5.4 under my hosts  cpanel at the very bottom - php configaration - changed to php5.4 and then had a server 500 error - Hostgator looked into it & found it had something to do with the htaccess file 

I am seeing this error
/home3/ffham/.htaccess: </IfModule> without matching <IfModule> section, referer:

I don't know what was done something about renaming the htaccess file - but it;s all fixed & better than ever  :)