Password Not Working

Hi, I log in to my shop every day but now it just stop working and when I try to get new password

send to my email, I get this message back that I can regenerate my password after 360 minutes,

Why dit my password stop working in first place, can anyone help my out here pleace.

Sorry I missunderstand, I have not change anything in server setting, dont no how, but change my password for 2 mnd ago

I try to reset my password in my database in cpanel employee, I copy the COOKIE_KEY string from setting inc.php to employee and my password I have before and set md5 in password and save, and when I try to log in to admin page I get this error, same if I try to go to frontpage.

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user my databasename'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Edited by Olafur (see edit history)

I fix this error bud I try to reset my password in my database in cpanel employee, I copy the COOKIE_KEY string from setting inc.php to employee and my password I have before and set md5 in password and save bud it not working,

And I get no email when I press forgot my password to get new one.

I fix this error bud I try to reset my password in my database in cpanel employee, I copy the COOKIE_KEY string from setting inc.php to employee and my password I have before and set md5 in password and save bud it not working,

And I get no email when I press forgot my password to get new one.

are you using the table editor in php my admin? maybe you didnt applied your changes or have a typo when copy/paste.

Try to do it as sql-statement (substitute proper values and table prefix)

UPDATE ps_employee SET passwd = md5(<_COOKIE_KEY_ value><yourNewPassword>) WHERE email =<youremailaddress>”;