[Important] Ssl Certificate On Cloud

©Nermin©

Question

Hello,

After having this issue on my domain , i thought i should share my experience with you all.

I Have bought SSL for my Domain which Cost me 50€. but 1 week after i found that every single addon on cloud is for money since they do not allow third - party Theme , modules to be installed. so i switched to Prestashop self-hosted but my SSL certificate is just gone.

After i contact Prestashop they told me that SSL i bought is only for cloud ( lol ye they said that ) i check their ploicit & terms and i could not find a single rule stating that SSL only working for Cloud.

Now i figured that out , when you paying for SSL on cloud it's not private SSL , it's just shared SSL.

So i'd advice you Not to buy SSL for your cloud unless your 100% satisfied and you are sure you'll keep your business on Cloud.

I Just Lost 50€ , and am going to re-order SSL but from my Domain Provider this time. so i wont lose it ever.

Going to publish on my you tube channel as well since not every one aware of this issue and not stated on the Rules as well.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

I am also concerned. In the forum it is stated that the SSL should not cost more than $25 for one year. They pricing Euro 50 is more than double. I don't mind giving contribution to Prestashop. And we don't mind if it is shared SSL. They need revenue to sustain. But after 50 Euros, every module to be purchased ?? Why?

My domain was purchased at go daddy ..

I have an SSL with my domain.

We are planning to move to Prestashop cloud.  Will my SSL be usable there ?

I can see where I can buy one for $50.. but can't I just add my existing SSL to the site somehow ?

My domain was purchased at go daddy ..

I have an SSL with my domain.

We are planning to move to Prestashop cloud.  Will my SSL be usable there ?

I can see where I can buy one for $50.. but can't I just add my existing SSL to the site somehow ?

The answer is NO you can only use the SSL purchased through Prestashop, also know that wiht the cloud you can not use any third party Themes or Modules.

Only items purchased through the Prestashop Addons are permitted whether they are free or not.