Few Questions

kmetek

1. Cloud or download version - difference?

2. Is Prestashop good enough to have an webshop/online store for computer store? Let say hundreds or thousands or so of products?

3. Store uses MY DYNAMICS NAVISION for their ERP, which synhronization can be used to synchronize stock of their products in store to online store?

4. Prestashop - Magento difference? Which is better.

Thank you.

1. For cloud version you don't have to worry about hosting or server administration(you also have no say in this), you have a store ready to sell products as soon as you add them. But you're not in full control of your files and database.
For download version, you choose your hosting, you have the server configuration as you want, full access to your database and everything your store includes.

2. PrestaShop can handle thousands of products, but most probably you'll need to make some adjustments to your store and server configuration in order to offer the snappiest experience for your visitors. Don't go cheap on hosting.

3. For synchronization you could try webservices, CSV Import, one of the many modules available on addons store or hire a developer to create a custom solution.

4. You know what we would choose  ;) . Only you can decide which is better in your case, test them both and see what would better fit your needs.

1. If you are beginner and have a small shop lets say til 1000 products, you do not want customization like integration with ERP you should choose Cloud. It takes a lot of hassle from small merchant.

If you plan to have a lot of products, if you want a lot of customization, you should host it yourself.

2. You can have whatever type shop you want. I think there are shops with 100.000 products build on Prestashop. With big amount of products comes new challenges that small merchant will never experience. 

3.  I am not sure if you can have Prestashop plugin for that you should try google. Custom module of course is possible but this would be very expensive.

4. The main deference I think is the cost. Prestashop is cheaper.  

thanks for replies guys.

But the main hassle is that synhronization/integration with ERP is wanted, because only that way a customer can know if the product is in stock in store....to see online if there's stock in store.

I'm doing a research for my faculty diploma thesis, searching for information on how to connect ERP NAVISION to new CMS system as Prestashop or Magento. Still can't decide which is better/easier.

www.comshop.si  ( Slovenija ) is the online store of the company i'm doing diploma for.

Noticed that you and inSync from India (appseconnect) offers this? What would a company need to make this possible? Prices etc…..

Edited by kmetek (see edit history)

You should start by answering these questions:

1) What data from ERP you want to pass to Prestashop?

You can not say "product" because product in Prestashop has a lot of data like title, price, discount, category, image and so on. 

You need to be specific.

2) What data from Prestashop you want to pass to ERP?

3) How data will be accessible? What format of the data will be?

E.g. webservice, CSV import and so on.

4) How often data needs to be synchronized? 

From experience. Our client wanted to do real-time, but the system he wanted to integrate to Prestashop could not handle the load.  So you need to set realistic expectations. 

1. company uses MS DYNAMIC NAVISION as ERP

2. data of stock in stores so that customer can see online a precise stock in stores, if he/she decides to buy in store.

3. csv import, xml maybe too?

4.  let say 1-2 hours, i know for real-time is too big for systems to handle.

I guess you did not understand my questions. This probably because you are not technical person.

What data you want to transfer?

Minimum would be:

1) quantities of the product.

2) prices of the product.

But there might be a lot of variations. 

Like do you want to add new product in ERP and automatically synchronize with Prestashop or Will you add new products in Prestashop.

And so on.  

There are many ways how data can be exchanged between to systems, but every different format takes time to implement and cost money. It would be wise to have only one.

Synchronization time should depend on amount of products you have. 100 products no problem every minute. 10.000 products the best would be once a day, but again it depends on data you send. 

I guess you already tried to google and found these:

http://www.appseconnect.com/pricing/

http://www.prestashopconector.com/conector-erp-microsoft-dynamics-nav-navision/

If any of these meats your requirements you should take it, because custom development would take time 1-2 months and will cost more. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...