Need Help On How To Structure My Site With Two Tld's Domains (.co.uk And .com)

Prestashop initiate

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post here and I'm happy to participate in this forum with you all, I just think is great we have this platform to share our experiences and support each other along the way.

Moving into the topic I'll try to be concise. My targets customers are primarily in the UK, so I want to host my shop with a server of that country using a .co.uk domain. I also want to use the .com domain for potential customers from the rest of the world using subfolders. My question is, how do I link the two together? Should they just be linked one another, like equal-to-equal (in case that's even possible), or should one exist within the other, like a subdomain within the hierarchical structure? and if any of this is possible, how could I do either thing?

Thank you for your time to read this! 

start  shop with .uk, after you have it nicely built, then you can basically bolt on the .com using PrestaShop MultiShop.  When you add the .com you can tell PS to share everything between the two stores.

The PS google sitempap modules  supports multishop so you can submit to your google tools.

More info:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Multiple+Shops

Hi Patron, thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

However, I was thinking about not enabling the multistore feat since I've been told that this might not be optimal for the site itself,

anyway, that was some time ago and I'm not really sure why was that the case when he explained it to me.

Do you think there might be a workaround this? or if what I was told is nothing to worry about for that matter?

Cheers