Product Says Unavailble Sometimes

Hi

This seems to be a bug.  I hope that it is just a wrong setting, though.

In the front-end, when viewing a product (with combinations), it looks normal.  See attachment 1 (product_available.png).

Then I cycle though the combinations - to make sure they have been set-up properly.  When I came back to the same product combination, it says product unavailable.  See attachment 2 (product_unavailable.png).  It happens (product is flagged as out-of-stock - unavailable) on each second choice, since I have 5 combinations (an odd number), the same product reports differently.

However in the Back Office, the quantities (for each combination) are set with a high number.  See attachment 3 (product_bo.png).

Why is this happening?

post-946874-0-40944400-1452273429_thumb.png

post-946874-0-03521800-1452273357_thumb.png

post-946874-0-13956400-1452273369_thumb.png

Can people confirm whether this same or a similar situation (combinations - out-of-stock) happens or not.  Then we'll know if it is a bug and report it.

Otherwise if it is only on my installation, can someone suggest which file(s) need to be replaced, if that is the reason, or perhaps a wrong database setting is the cause...  Or is there a known issue with a module, that may cause this...

Note: I was using version 1.6.1.3 and noticed the odd behaviour.  So I upgraded to 1.6.1.4 and hoped it would disappear, but still happens...