themes and modules

bartman

Is it possible do move the modules into the themes directory

so that if during the year you want to use seasonal thems that you can have differnet module layouts per theme,

I know you can set the theme dir in config.inc.php, but not sure what the knock on effect will be

Yes, you can override the TPL file of modules by mirroring the path in the theme. For example, you could create two themes with different blockuserinfo.tpls by creating the following files:

themes/shop/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl
themes/christmas/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl

By doing this, you can simply switch the theme in the Back Office to Christmas without having to worry about editing code every time the season changes.

• 1 month later...

You can't copy an entire module into your theme directory, only the TPL files from a module. You must copy the entire module into the modules directory, then copy the TPL files that you want to change into your theme directory.

Hi,

I have 3 themes (or more) were only the color is different. I did change the modules CSS to adapt colors for each themes.
I did duplicate the modules to have them in the themes with the modified CSS and it is no showing the CSS modifications.

If I understand, it is unfortunately, not possible to change the color off a module???

Thanks.

Sure, just change the colours of the modules in css/global.css in each theme. Each theme should have a different global.css with different colours. If all you are doing is changing module colours, there is no need to duplicate modules or override them.

1- I created a directory "modules" under the new theme
2- under this "modules" directory, i can put blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl and make the modifications that will take efects.

It is not working is to do the same with a block_module/ css/file.css.

So you want to have multiple themes with different versions of modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css? To do that, you'll need to copy modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.tpl to themes/netred/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.tpl and then change the following on line 19 from:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$this_path}css/superfish-modified.css" media="screen">

to:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$css_dir}superfish-modified.css" media="screen">

This will make the code look for themes/netred/css/superfish-modified.css instead of modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css.

Thanks Rocky,

I does not work yet:

The root with default template is www.netshopin/netred/
There you can choose to run another template from the top left or right column.

Please choose the netpink template and see what happens after I changed the code to <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$css_dir}superfish-modified.css" media="screen"> in: themes/netpink/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.tpl

The text appears but not the layout.