Where is my site?

Hi

I'm only really here to add silly questions to this forum. So here goes with the latest.

I've so far installed presta on three sites. First two I installed by moving the whole presta folder into my publichtml folder then had to move them out of that into the root so that they would display normally (ie not www.mysite.co.uk/prestashop).

So on my latest one, I thought it would be easier to just put all of the files into the root, rather than the prestashop folder.

All seemed to work ok. Back office is accesible and working fine. But my front office (www.solarfun.co.uk) is still not displaying.

Any ideas?

Oh dear, I think the aliens from out of space stole your site.
Tell them to give it back. they can have the magento one instead :lol:

What does your __PS_BASE_URI__ say in your config/settings.inc.php
That should tell you where your site is

Well it seemed to take long enough! Just seemed strange that the back office works ok. I'll have another look tomorrow and try reinstalling. Windows Explorer kept crashing whilst I was doing it so it could have been something to do with that.

Your PS_BASE_URI is saying your site should be in the root
In this case, I would re-upload
At least Prestashop isn't as painful to re-upload as magento :)
I am interested in your magento site as I still want to use magento one day when it is less bloated and runs at normal speed
For now, I'll stick with Prestashop bugs :lol:

Hi

It seems that the problem is when I'm extracting the files from the zip download, it crashes with a few minutes to go before all of the files have extracted. I've tried downloading it a couple of times, but everytime I do the extraction Windows Explorer crashes and closes.

This didn't happen when I extracted the files from one of the previous presta versions. Is there a way around this?