File "cache/class_Index.php" Is Regenerated Without Any /override Files In Ps 1.6.1.3

I am using a module from Presto Changeo on my site (Attribute Wizard Pro),

This module allows for additional attributes for products. However, after updating my store to PS v1.6.1.3, every time I clear the PrestaShop cache the attribute options stop working. I have contacted Presto Changeo and they replied with the below info:

"Yes, this issue happens every time when you clean the Cache from "Advanced Parameters > Performance"

This is a PrestaShop bug, because the file /cache/class_index.php must be automatically regenerated with the new override files included in /override folder, but it seems that in some (all most all) PrestaShop versions the file /cache/class_index.php is not properly regenerated. When cleaning the Cache from Advanced Parameters the cache/class_index.php is regenerated without any /override files and this is causing this issue.

We can recommend you to check on PrestaShop forum about this issue or create a new bug report for your PrestaShop version of PrestaShop website.

This issue is not related only to our module, but to all modules which uses override files."

A fix for now is to just delete file /cache/class_index.php and it gets re-generated when the store is loaded. However, once the cache is cleared again this issue re-occurs.

Is anyone aware of this issue and maybe how to resolve it?

Cheers...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. This is very important issue - in my case it affected the sales and I was not aware of the problem. I "accidentally" found out that my checkout page was not working properly.

A fix is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that it happens when you change a .tpl file content and you have the option to autoclear the cache OR when you clear the cache AND have that option enabled OR when you just clear the cache... but I'm not totally sure about it, anyway it even happens to me...

and why didn't you answer on forge and let them close the bug?

thanks

p.s.: this is caused by this

http://screencast.com/t/7xgTcADG

you need to keep those switches Off

that's a bit misleading, 'cause the usual behavior to enter the debug mode should be to manually set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true into defines.inc.php

they should specify what that option does and you don't need to edit the defines.inc.php in that specific case...

Edited by mmsh (see edit history)
  • Like 1