Why Does Duplicating A Product Give Zero Stock (In Advanced Stock Management)?

This is my problem:

• I have a product set up in my catalogue - it does contain stock
  • I want to duplicate the product to use most of the data and create a new product, so I 'duplicate' it on the 'products' page of the catalogue
  • As soon as I have done this the new product (on the products page of the catalogue) shows a red circle containing a zero in the 'quantity' column like this (see attached file).
  • There is nothing I can do to change this stock level - I have tried ALL of the following:
  1. changing the product 'reference' number
  2. adding stock in the 'Stock Management' page under the 'Stock' menu  (after doing so the 'Quantity' column on the 'Stock Management' page DOES include the new stock figure, but that stock never gets added to the 'Quantity' column on the 'Products' page of the catalogue)

I'm now stuck !!

------------------------------------------------------

This is the detailed set-up of my shop:

• I'm using Advanced Stock Management
  • I have a warehouse called 'Warehouse1' (already set-up)
  • I have a carrier called 'Carrier1' (already set-up)
  • I have a product called 'Product1' (already set-up)
  • All are associated to each other as defined in http://bit.ly/1lZfbJh)
    • 'Product1' has been associated with 'Warehouse1' (and 'Carrier1', though that isn't stated as being mandatory)
    • 'Warehouse1' has been associated with 'Carrier1'
    • 'Warehouse1' has been associated with my shop

Any help gratefully received!

post-1145422-0-49897600-1449144133_thumb.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agreed. Copying a product, i.e. "Duplicate" a product has been broken for a long time. It leads to many problems & of course a lot of wasted time. Having multiple shops & more than one language installed makes things even worse. A products gets copied across _all_ shops, and _all_ languages - while of course not working properly to begin with. Besides fixing the broken functionality, we need an intermediary step where we choose what shops we want the duplicated product to appear in.

Edited by europablue (see edit history)