Paypal Blank Page After Adding Extra Fields To Contact Form

babyewok

I followed this tutorial for adding extra fields ot the contact page: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/264731-free-tutorial-adding-new-fields-to-the-contact-form/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2192677

OK, so I managed to get this working great on 1.6.1.1 (overriding controllers/admin/templates/customer_threads/helpers/view/views.tpl instead of message.tpl in the tutorual - an I had to copy in the otehr files in the views folder too for it to work).

Anyway, then I went to test out my newly installed PayPal Europe module (the free, official one) and found that there was a conflict.  The PayPal payment would go through, order would go through back office but I would get a blank page on returning to the shop after paying instead if seeing the confirmation page.  The url was ... modules\paypal\express_checkout\payment.php (although not usin express checkout??) and the error included:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property CustomerThread->extrafield is empty' in ......\classes\ObjectModel.php:909nStack trace:n#0

I have had to disable the extra fields to get PayPal to work.  What is causing the issue as PayPal should have nothing to do with the Customer Thread? How can I get the two working together?

There are actually two extra fields on the contact page, but the extrafield flagged up in the error is a required field