Back office very very slow

aron22

Question

Hello Prestashop experts,

Even though this is my first post, I have read through multiple threads in this website previously and they have helped me a lot in setting up my prestashop store so firstly I want to thank you all for the help.. 

Now getting in to my problem, I have been live with my store for about 3 months now and never had any issue in regards to performance both front end and back office. Even now I do not have any issue with my front end performance but my back office has become so slow I am not even able to upload any product for the past one week. It just circles and circles and circles and I have to just close it eventually. 

Getting from one tab to other in the back office itself is taking so long now. for example going from "dashboard" tab to "orders" tab takes about 15 seconds.. Logging in to the admin account itself takes about 8 seconds.. I am using prestashop 1.6.0.14 and i have always been on the same version. My DB is not big either, all together I have got only around 80 products.. 

Is there a way I can find the root cause of the issue please? Any help would be much appreciated. 

6 answers to this question

After multiple attempt, I finally figured out what was causing the issue in my back office. I should have tried this first but better late than never.. 

I contacted my hosting and they informed that they have an automated scanning cron which disables port 80/443 of a user, when the user account has malicious file(s). Also, it disables all such file(s) with immutable attribute and null permission to avoid further infection. 

They advised which files they think as malicious and guess what, turns out to be one of the prestashop modules that was causing the issue. Luckily I wasn't using that module so i was able to delete it without any issue. 

I then unblocked port 80 using cpanel and now back office works without any issue.. 

Hope this might help someone. 

• Like 1

Hi, 1.6.0.14 to my memory has not significant bo issues with being slow.  1.6.1.0  had some improvements, skip 1.6.1.1 which created some bo slow issues, 1.6.1.2 is supposed to fix issue in 1.6.1.1 but I would wait for next release.

to debug you can get some good reports from PrestaShop by enabling PrestaShop debug profiling.

config/defines.inc.php

set this to true

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

note: all visitors front and back will see this information so turn off when done.

once set to true, then visit areas of you bo that are slow, (scroll down to see report).

Then you may see area that is causing slowness.

good luck!

thanks El Patron. I did the debugging but still couldn't figure out what exactly is causing the slowness of the BO. 

Load time15428 ms

initContent 15035

SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE h.`name` as hook, m.`id_module`, h.`id_hook`, m.`name` as module, h.`live_edit`
FROM `ps_module` m
INNER JOIN ps_module_shop module_shop
ON (module_shop.id_module = m.id_module AND module_shop.id_shop = 1 AND module_shop.enable_device & 1)
INNER JOIN `ps_module_shop` ms ON ms.`id_module` = m.`id_module`
INNER JOIN `ps_hook_module` hm ON hm.`id_module` = m.`id_module`
INNER JOIN `ps_hook` h ON hm.`id_hook` = h.`id_hook`
WHERE (h.name != "displayPayment") AND (hm.id_shop = 1)
GROUP BY hm.id_hook, hm.id_module
ORDER BY hm.`position`

12.1 ms 

I did delete all the files from config/xml folder and reloaded the back office but no luck. 

Should I be checking anything else? 

I am using blue host so not sure how you contact prestashop cloud team. But I assume you will be able to create a support ticket with the prestashop hosting team using your login credentials which you should have received from them when you signed up.