Invoice Status Insertion Error

Hi There,

Anyone has faced this issue. 

When I change the status (e.g. Order in progress) of an order, server error occurred and the new status was not inserted into the order but it shows on the order summary of the order. 

When I check the database, I found the record has not inserted into the database.

When I turned on debug mode, the following error occur.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/PRHOPHOME/cache/smarty/cache/crossselling/shoppingcart/1048/1037/1041/1052/1050/1047/1039/1049/243/50/779/673/266/276/3/557/704/211/1/2/1/1/2/22/cd): failed to open dir: Too many open files' in /PRHOPHOME/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php:196 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/cop9gun4/...', 0) #1 /PRHOPHOME/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php(196): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren() #2 /PRHOPHOME/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php(845): Smarty_Internal_CacheResource_File->clear(Object(Smarty), '/home/cop9gun4/...', 'crossselling', NULL, NULL) #3 /PRHOPHOME/classes/Tools.php(2728): Smarty->clearCache('/home/cop9gun4/...', 'crossselling', NULL) #4 /PRHOPHOME/classes/modu in /PRHOPHOME/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php on line 196

Anyone has faced the error ?! Any comments would be greatly appreaciated !

Thanks in advanced

David