Show "Login" when access to "customers / registered only"?

adriano.matos

Hello PrestaShop world! :D

We have some items that we want to put in the “outlet” area. I already found out how to put that “area” reserved to registered costumers. But it gives an error and i wanted to edited the message so it can show other information / redirect to the login page.

For now, i could only limit the access to the category. But i wanted to redirect to the login page.

How to explain: we wanted that when the costumer goes to the “outlet” area, only persons with account can see. So, when someone clicks on “outlet”, they receive a message saying “you need to login to access this category” and shows the login area.

There is a screenshot to the "error"/message that shows now. And an image of what i wanted to show when clicking on a "customer only" area.

How can we do this? Any thoughts?

Best regards!

post-1103515-0-24794000-1445506960_thumb.jpg

post-1103515-0-12743500-1445507146_thumb.jpg

Through BO settings it's not possible yet, but you could make a redirect to authentication inside the category controller where the access is checked.

See this line: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.6.1.x/controllers/front/CategoryController.php#L116

You could make an override and inside that if statement add:

Tools::redirectLink($this->context->link->getPageLink('authentication'));
  • Like 1

Through BO settings it's not possible yet, but you could make a redirect to authentication inside the category controller where the access is checked.

See this line: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.6.1.x/controllers/front/CategoryController.php#L116

Thank you! I will try that and give a feedback on that solution! Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Adriano

Thank you for the tip! It worked just like magic! Thanks a lot.

Not wanting to push my luck, is there any way to display a message besides being redirected? Like: "please login to access that category" or something like that?

BR,

Adriano

To the redirected link you could add the category name.

Tools::redirectLink($this->context->link->getPageLink('authentication').'?category_name='.  urlencode($this->category->name));

Then in authentication.tpl of your theme under the h1 tag add:

{if isset($smarty.get.category_name)}
  <div class="alert alert-danger">{l s='Please login to access the category: %s' sprintf=$smarty.get.category_name|escape}</div>
{/if}
  • Like 1

To the redirected link you could add the category name.

Tools::redirectLink($this->context->link->getPageLink('authentication').'?category_name='.  urlencode($this->category->name));

Then in authentication.tpl of your theme under the h1 tag add:

{if isset($smarty.get.category_name)}
  <div class="alert alert-danger">{l s='Please login to access the category: %s' sprintf=$smarty.get.category_name|escape}</div>
{/if}

Thank you very much! It works very nice! Awesome!

Best regards!

Adriano