Please i need help with my prestashop store

I am really frustrated with all the hurdles i'm encountering in setting up my store. I think hosting my prestashop on godaddy was a huge mistake as they offer no help at all. Please visit my prestashop store on www.peerlesstime.com and tell me what you think i should do. It comes up with different errors and i have tried everything i can but i seem to just be going back and forth.

Sometime it loads after almost 2 minutes at other times it gives this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: unable to write file G:\PleskVhosts\peerlesstime.com\httpdocs/cache/smarty/compile\03\fd\14\03fd14c278e0073fcdca404f94171db39b649e78.file.productcomments_reviews.tpl.cache.php <-- thrown in G:\PleskVhosts\peerlesstime.com\httpdocs\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 74

I have changed write permission on the directories and files but it's still the same.

Edited by peerlesstime (see edit history)

Is there a special reason you opted for Windows hosting? This alone can create issues that are more difficult to deal with or less people might be able to help on very windows-specific hosting issues. A lot pf PHP software is written first for linux-based systems and are either not or less tested on the windows platform.

Related functions to the above line, that could throw an error are renaming and deleting of a file. If you have no other messages in logs, I would say, file permissions might be wrong. However windows deals sometimes with issues that a linux system isn't... 

Activate development mode in Prestashop to see errors thrown here, you might also need to remove the @-symbol from the lines 56-70 in the file you mentioned, as the errors are surpressed. 

Hi peerlesstime!

Have you tried to force compilation and emptied the cache?

If I try this link to your page:  http://peerlesstime.com/index.php?id_product=5&controller=product

it goes pretty fast from Sweden.

Regards

MacRoy

Thanks for replying MacRoy. I'm surprised to hear that the page loads pretty fast cos it just tried it and it's still slow. i have emptied cache but there's no difference. I'm thinking of doing a fresh prestashop installation since i haven't really done anything in the site. What version will you recommend that is ok and the save product does not spin endlessly?

Is there a special reason you opted for Windows hosting? This alone can create issues that are more difficult to deal with or less people might be able to help on very windows-specific hosting issues. A lot pf PHP software is written first for linux-based systems and are either not or less tested on the windows platform.

Related functions to the above line, that could throw an error are renaming and deleting of a file. If you have no other messages in logs, I would say, file permissions might be wrong. However windows deals sometimes with issues that a linux system isn't... 

Activate development mode in Prestashop to see errors thrown here, you might also need to remove the @-symbol from the lines 56-70 in the file you mentioned, as the errors are surpressed. 

Thanks for your response. Windows hosting was recommended by the godaddy representative i was chatting with. That was why i opted for it.

For what reasons?  :huh: On what did he base it?

I dare to say, he had absolutely no idea of the matter then!

For what reasons?  :huh: On what did he base it?

I dare to say, he had absolutely no idea of the matter then!

I really regret hosting with them. but the mistake has been made. i just need suggestions to what next to do. Will a fresh installation of a lower prestashop version help?