image quality problem

Hi, I'm having an image problem that it's turning me crazy.

First of all, I'm using PS1.6.

When I upload a product image, PS creates all the images specified. The problem is with the color of the uploaded image and all the new created ones. The colors are darker than the original image uploaded, even if I configure PS at the maximum image quality.

Let's see if someone has the solution....

Thanks in advance!

Original image:

post-912009-0-10440100-1445452096_thumb.jpg

Created image:

post-912009-0-46683300-1445452095_thumb.jpg

This most likely has nothing to do with the quality, but with the color profile of the image. There exist such viewing differences based on several factors, such as the operating system and the software in which it's viewed. An image can appear on the same screen differently, when viewed on a mac or a windows system. That is why someone can choice in image processing software like Photoshop the color profile which is being applied when viewing, convert it or even save an image with such a profile.

However, not all software is required to respect that profile and probably the conversion tools on the server don't do so, the result is to get the colors as stored without the color profile applied before viewing. 

The solution to this could be, to store your images without a color profile, but converting the colors first into this profile. This would also lower the filesize of the images. Alternatively, if you want to keep the profile in the images for max. effect, create and re-upload manually the thumbnails or just the original images to the store. 

Still though, your customers might see it differently than you do on different systems.