Support ticket "Issues'

zanyo

Question

TL; DR; Well, I tried this "cloud" thing but I will go back to real professional hosting for my customers, thank you for wasting my time and trying your scamming techniques on me.

After a few successful days configuring an online shop, I couldn't log back in the back-office. I got a message saying my e-mail or password wasn't correct... Interesting, as I have it saved in a local password manager. Whatever. After several unsuccessful attempts I decided to reset it.

Submitting my e-mail on the password reset page just gave me an error message : "An error occurred. 1. An error occurred while resetting your password."

Fair enough, I submitted a support ticket so the reset page could be checked.

The reply I received was that I have to submit a "Ticket to get your password back", on the online store, for 99€ (excl.tax...) !

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/support/16396-ticket-to-get-the-password-back.html

I don't need to retrieve my password, I need YOUR reset page to work properly...

You cannot reply to a ticket answer so I opened another one (2 out of 10 "free" tickets...). After the obvious "sorry for the inconvenience" blabla, they were still directing me to the paid support ticket.

Next reply from so-called "Support" : "The problem doesn't come from our solution but from a wrong e-mail configuration. Please use the ticket..."

Another explanatory ticket later, I'm told that I can only receive support if I pay for the paid service.

So the configuration of an instance I have no access to is wrong, but I have to pay to fix it. Interesting scam.

I know about the whole "free hosting" speech, but that doesn't mean you have to milk your users for every problem that is not caused by them. I am happy to pay for anything that deserves it (modules, themes, migration services, etc).

Good luck to everyone else.

7 answers to this question

Sorry that does sound frustrating.  We don't see a lot of complaints about 'cloud' or 'support tickets'. 

I will fwd this to PrestaShop team.

Chin up!

Thanks but don't bother, they just closed my last ticket without even replying.

maybe you got banned..lol....

I'd be a terrible cloud user. :)

lol... I'm expecting to get banned, that's for sure ! But for now, my account is holding on, we'll see.

I am still trying to be a bit optimistic about the whole "cloud" bullsh*t, not only with Prestashop but with other provider, but I have yet to see a convincing offer for regular-sized customers (I work mostly with small to medium businesses).

The "cloud" is still for the news headlines and not much else :-)

Hi,

I have a few questions to summary. You have to reset your cloud shop password ? and when you click on this link "forgotten password" it doesn't work ?

2izChAZ.png

I'm not working at the support team, I discover the subject.

Cloud is hosted by a true hosting, OVH, with a very correct configuration. The difference between Cloud and Download is based on security questions. On Cloud you cannot use modules bought somewhere else than on Addons.prestashop.com. And you cannot modify the core code. We made Cloud for the small, very small or beginner shops who don't need to change the code deeply.

Hi Vincent,

That's right, my id/password combination does not work anymore, even if it's stored in my password manager. Then the "forgotten password" Page gives me an error when I submit my e-mail address for recovery.

Both these errors lead me to think that there is an issue with the instance DB.

My point is that the errors don't really matter, problems happen. The main issue here is the incompetent and shady support I received, pushing me to buy a paid ticket for a bug that I cannot have caused myself (I don't have the hand on the cloud instance code of course), 3 times in a row.

I have no doubt that the technical aspects of the hosting is fine. I work frequently with OVH and they are great. My issue here is that the support is useless and wrong, as with a lot of these "cloud" companies who sell buzzwords and features but don't care about the daily business once all the options and modules are sold.

This hosted solution looked good for me because of small clients that I have sometimes and I don't have time to setup a full-blown shop. The budget with paid modules and themes is reasonable and everybody could be happy. Unfortunately the support is not up to a business-grade level, like a lot of "cloud" solutions out there, that's why I will keep my projects out of it for now.