Display manufacturer's name and link on bestseller module on homepage

Hi everyone,

I read some post somewhere on how to do this. I added the code below to product-list.tpl and I was able to display the name of manufacturer on the Featured and New Products block/module but it will not work for Best Selling block/module.

{if isset($product->manufacturer_name)}
							<p class="product_manufacturer_name">
								<a href="{$link->getManufacturerLink($product.id_manufacturer)}" title="{$product->manufacturer_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product->manufacturer_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a>
							</p>
						{/if}

Does anyone know how to get this to display on bestseller list.

Thank you

Hi

Issue with bestsellers module is that it use function getBestSalesLight which is not returning manufacturer_name in products.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/develop/classes/ProductSale.php#L159

So you could maybe override that class and that function and add

m.`name` AS manufacturer_name

and

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m ON (m.`id_manufacturer` = p.`id_manufacturer`)

so sql of function looks like 

$sql = '
		SELECT
			p.id_product, IFNULL(product_attribute_shop.id_product_attribute,0) id_product_attribute, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl.`name`, pl.`description_short`, product_shop.`id_category_default`,
			image_shop.`id_image` id_image, il.`legend`,
			ps.`quantity` AS sales, p.`ean13`, p.`upc`, cl.`link_rewrite` AS category, p.show_price, p.available_for_order, IFNULL(stock.quantity, 0) as quantity, p.customizable,
			IFNULL(pa.minimal_quantity, p.minimal_quantity) as minimal_quantity, stock.out_of_stock,
			product_shop.`date_add` > "'.date('Y-m-d', strtotime('-'.(Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT') ? (int)Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT') : 20).' DAY')).'" as new,
			product_shop.`on_sale`, product_attribute_shop.minimal_quantity AS product_attribute_minimal_quantity,m.`name` AS manufacturer_name
		FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_sale` ps
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p ON ps.`id_product` = p.`id_product`
		'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product', 'p').'
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_shop` product_attribute_shop
			ON (p.`id_product` = product_attribute_shop.`id_product` AND product_attribute_shop.`default_on` = 1 AND product_attribute_shop.id_shop='.(int)$context->shop->id.')
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute` pa ON (product_attribute_shop.id_product_attribute=pa.id_product_attribute)
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl
			ON p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product`
			AND pl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('pl').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m ON (m.`id_manufacturer` = p.`id_manufacturer`)
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image_shop` image_shop
			ON (image_shop.`id_product` = p.`id_product` AND image_shop.cover=1 AND image_shop.id_shop='.(int)$context->shop->id.')
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image_lang` il ON (image_shop.`id_image` = il.`id_image` AND il.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl
			ON cl.`id_category` = product_shop.`id_category_default`
			AND cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').Product::sqlStock('p', 0);

Note:  I did not test this but it should work.

Thanks SPAM Mod.

The problem I have now is I do not know what files to edit. I am not a very technical person and my understanding of PHP Smarty or SQL is quite basic.

Anyway of doing this without editing core files please.

Thanks for your time nevertheless.

Hi Members :-)

Ok sorry for not being too precise. 

Here are steps you need to do. Copy attached ProductSale.php to your root override/classes folder.

And for me manufacturer code that works is 

{if isset($product.manufacturer_name)}
							<p class="product_manufacturer_name">
								<a href="{$link->getManufacturerLink($product.id_manufacturer)}" title="{$product.manufacturer_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.manufacturer_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a>
							</p>
						{/if}

Place that where you want manufacturer name to show.

And do not forget to clear cache in Advanced Parametars > Performance.

If you have any issue let me know.

ProductSale.php