Custom field in customer address

RobbieBlokeToys

Hi,

There's an issue really, really bugging me that I can't seem to resolve.

It should be pretty obvious that various locations would need differing formats for address forms, but this doesn't seem to be supported in Prestashop.

For instance, a customer in the US would have a different Address formation than someone in the UK, and theirs would be different to someone in France ect.

I only ship to the UK and Europe, but a primary part of our addresses here in the UK would be region, for instance:

First Name

Surname

Number and street

Area of town

Town

SHIRE/REGION (Leicestershire, Buckinghamshire, Shropshire etc...)

Postcode.

For the life of me I cannot see a way to add a field for the customer to input their shire/region in the address form, which means that for every customer I need to go looking for it myself to complete their order.

Am I missing something? How can I do what should be a simple change? Does anyone have information to help me achieve this?

To clarify, I have found where this is "supposed" to be possible, but there is nothing there for me to add which allows the customer to do this. None of the options I have available there will allow the customer to input their region correctly, when I have attempted this it results in errors and the customer cannot complete registration or checkout.

Thanks

Edited by RobbieBlokeToys (see edit history)

HEllo,

The region is managed bt the State. You can add as many states as you want for the UK. The clients will be obliged to name it when ordering

Guillaum

Thanks for your help.

I've just spent an hour pasting in all the Counties for the UK and manage to get them appearing in the address form on desktop and mobile, only problem is that now on desktop the postal code is showing as being invalid no matter what is done. It comes up with a red cross, even though it allows the customer to continue.

Any idea how I can get rid of that? It's going to result in a lot of abandoned carts unless I can stop that from happening.

Thanks for your help so far!

Update:

After some looking around it seems that there are reports of this going back more than 4 years and no solution found.

The only opinions I can see suggested are to disable postcode entirely, which is not possible for me in the UK as I rely on the postcode to fulfil orders.

I either need to get rid of that error somehow (although I don't hold out hope given that people have had this error for 4 years with no solution suggested), or make it so that the postcode field can remain visible not not REQUIRED by the customer - this should then allow customers to put their postcode in without it producing an error.