Cart not updating properly after adding or subtracting product

After moving Prestashop to a new server I have found the shopping cart ( https://www.dotymi.com/  ) behaves improperly when adding or subtracting  products. Every once in a while it seems to work ok, but usually the cart page needs to be resfreshed to show the proper items and quantities. For instance, if I start with an empty cart and add an item, then go to the cart it shows nothing. If the browser window is refreshed, then it shows correctly. If I add more items from product pages it does the same. If I delete existing items in the cart it appears OK, but if I go back to a product page and add another item , then go to the cart, the previous deleted items often show up until the window is refreshed.

I have made a custom theme, so I tried using the default theme and another custom theme, the problem doesn't seem to lie there. I have backups of all files, but haven't tried replacing the main files yet. 

I installed a new SSL right after the server move, but didn't notice how if the cart started acting up before or after that. I have tried changing the Combine, Compress and Cache settings, turned of caching, cleared the cache, cleared browser caches, tested on other computers and other browsers and nothing has fixed it so far. It seems to be a cache issue, but I'm not 100% positive about that.

If anybody has any ideas of what could be wrong the help would be appreciated. Could it be a data base issue?