Tracking number field don't accept characters like tab, enter | etc

I'm looking solution how to add any text to shipping number field.

I found in database how to extend field value to accept more than 65 characters, but still can't accept

Special characters like tab beatween words, enter | .

In my store i using this field to send customer codes, phone info etc by email.

And if text have included any tab enters or | beatween i getting error to add that text

Any idea?

Edited by zabamich (see edit history)

I have an idea of what you are doing. You more than likely need a key manager. If you modify the database to accept those characters you are more than likely going to run into a validation error somewhere down the road. The whole process would need to be overriden, not just a small change.

Thanks for yours opinion, but I looking advice how to do something.

That part what need to be changed haven't an affect to other parts of Presta.

Is ony responsibility to sending tracking number to customer. And if will be accepted other characters what can happen?

Is a text field with some limits.

I have already changed some file. And info sent to customers from that field is added to email as a text not a Web link.

And working fine over year. The issue is only when my supplier sending codes where between text you can find unsupported characters.

Second way is convert that unsupported character to supported during API communication with supplier Web site.

I would try putting one of the encoding functions on the output, if storing them and viewing them in the back office is not an issue, then I would just modify the output. You can either use an encoding function or a regex replace.