SEO URL forever solved

Dear forum members.

we had some trouble getting the SEO URL's to work that i thought i would share this with you all.

The solution is now simple for all Prestashop user.

Step1,
check if there is a .htaccess file in your root folder ( if so DELETE this one)
Step2,
go to your preferences and turn SEO URL's on
Step3,
download the file i have attached and upload it to your ROOT ( rename it to .htaccess)
Step4,
make sure you set the .htaccess file to 777

PLEASE NOTE: the MOD_REWRITE rule still applies, if this does not work contact your host and request info in regards to MOD_REWRITE and if this can be enabled.

htaccess.txt

Hi Yoda2008,

It will be nice for you to highlight differences (if any) between this .htaccess and the original one with 1.2.5.

I have spent my time comparing both and there's no difference.

Please provide more details or close the thread.

Thanks

Hi JJBYPC.

there is no differance, this is to help other that might run into some trouble also to generate the file. as mentioned in the post this is to help other if the file genration is givving trouble.

now anyone can donwload this file to upload and it will work with the above steps.

once again this is to help others. closing the tread can do no harm as its pure info that can be used.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the.htaccess file.

I have followed your steps I can get the SEO friendly URL but something went wrong with the images of the products on my site.

ecomatic.com.au

Any idea how can I fix that.

If i disable the SEO URL from the admin backend, all the images links work fine.

Thanks for the.htaccess file.

I have followed your steps I can get the SEO friendly URL but something went wrong with the images of the products on my site.

ecomatic.com.au

Any idea how can I fix that.

If i disable the SEO URL from the admin backend, all the images links work fine.

---------------
Hi can you be more precise what the issue is as i looked at your site, and all looks good. nice template by the way!

Hi Yoda2008

If you see my home page, the link to images of feature/new products are broken, therefore I can't see the product photos.
if i disable the URL from the preference then all the images are visible, but i lose SEO friendly URL.

Dont know what to do :(

your help will be appreciated.

hi aqvarious

ah i see, when i click an image to add to cart and go to cart page the image is not there, am i right?
can you try and create new catagory and new product and see what happens.

glad to hear that all is ok, if you did a fix please post it here. looking into the number issue, however this may not look all the best, it does not have a negative effect on google or site map submission