Split or duplicate theme configurator

Hey guys,

hope you can help me. 

I'm using the deafult-bootstrap theme of 1.6.1.0 version: http://demo.prestashop.com/en/?view=front 

In the homepage we have the scroll banners and two images beside it. Then comes the "Popular" products block and under it the "Theme configurator" block with 3 images of the same size and 2 more images with different sizes ("Sunglasses & Eyewear" and "Savvy Trends...").

Here is my problem, I want to put the "Popular" block between the 3 images with the same size and the other 2 with different sizes.

It's not possible using the "Live edit" because "Theme configurator is a "solid" block, so I was wondering if is there another way. Something like duplicate the "Theme configurator" block to have one with the 3 images over the "Popular" block and another one under it with the other 2 images.

Anyone? 

Thanks.

you can duplicate the module, need to call themeconfigurator2, and rename all files and add the 2 at the end, and in the themeconfigurator do the same, rename all the themeconfigurator instances with the 2 (minus and uppercase). and you have same module but with diffrent configuration

Thanks Shacker.

I duplicated the themeconfigurator folder via FTP and renamed all the files and folders with "-2" after the name. But it's not appearing in the back office modules page. And if I click in "Add a new module" Prestashop just let me add modules developed by themself.

Do you know how can I add it?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

lol, you dont need to rename all with -2

only the textx and files calles themeconfigurator

like main folder, the phpfile themeconfigurator.php to themeconfigurator2.php, and open the php files and search the themeconfigurator text and replace to themeconfigurator2

check if is uppercase, must be i nuppercase, or lowercase  must be lowercase

• 2 years later...

Hi Shacker (or anyone else)

Could you be a bit more specific on which files need to be renamed?

My reading of what you've said is 

• rename "themeconfigurator.php" to "themeconfigurator2.php"
  • go into themeconfigurator.php and rename all"themeconfigurator" to "themeconfigurator2"

Anywhere else or just is those two places?

Thanks

Kristian