File permissions error with Google Sitemap module

I just noticed that my sitemap doesn't update and I'm guessing it's because of the move from one host to a better one. I've had issues with some things on the site that has to do with permissions where I had to change permissions to 777 (according to the host's tips) on several things.

However in this case it doesn't seem to work.

When I click to generate a sitemap manually it gives off this error:

An error occured while trying to check your file permissions. Please adjust your permissions to allow PrestaShop to write a file in your root directory.

Hi,

You should probably resolve your permissions issue once and for all.

What you first need to check is that your doomain is named in the folder/file permissions as part of the group  owner.

Then all folders (typically) should be 755 and files 644.  .htaccess is typically 664.

When we don't have domain ownership of files then permission changes to unsafe levels (777) are used which creates a security issue.

Work with your hosting to 1) ensure your running domain is group owner and 2) that all folders/files have correct permissions.

They say that they have a higher security on their configrations. So that for me to give rights to write to a file I need to put 777 on them. :S This I was told after the normal permissions didn't work for my prestashop.

They specialize in Prestashop and is very wellknown in my country - why I trust them. But now I'm confused. :/

They say that they have a higher security on their configrations. So that for me to give rights to write to a file I need to put 777 on them. :S This I was told after the normal permissions didn't work for my prestashop.

They specialize in Prestashop and is very wellknown in my country - why I trust them. But now I'm confused. :/

yes I can see why you are confused.  Some host will stop a script if a permission is to 'high', i.e. 777.  This however does not fix your situation.

I would follow my instructions above, i.e. file ownership and permissions.  (note: some people that move files do it incorrectly and they lose domain ownership of files which creates many issue until resolved.)

I checked the owner for the files of my old files on the old host:

104221 33

And the new host is:

1000 1000

I'm not familiar with this. :P Do I need to change the owner to 104221 33 on the new host? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks

Hi, that I cannot specifically answer and is why I recommended you working with you hosting provider.  Be very careful with how your proceed and make sure you know exactly what you are doing.