Can i set a % discount to all products in one category as a group without have to edit them one by one?

Hi.

Im working on a shop for a friend as well as my own shop.
He is going to offer a 25% discount on all products in one and the same category.
Is there any way to make all products edited with the discount without actually have to go in and edit them one by one?
If i could edit the category some how so all thats in it get the discount, is that possible?
Or has any one maybe created a module/tool for this allready?

All help and pointers will be very appreciated.

Best regards
Peter

Is it really possible that no one have had the need to put discount on a whole category before and found a solution to it?
I mean some category's could have several hundreds of products, and it would take forever to put all to discount.

So if anyone have a slightest hint of idea to share im thankful.

Best regards
Peter

• 1 month later...

you could use the export products (http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/37900/modules___development/module_product_export_module_v0_dot_1_freemodule) to export the product_id, name and discountby% fields, add the 25% discount to whatever you want then upload the csv using the import tool.

Thats how I did mine.

Aslong as you use the product_id field then the discountsd will be added to the correct products.