How to edit Top Menu (Superfish)

NioGio

Does anyone know how to prevent the top menu from displaying sub-menus beyond the second level? Meaning, of course I want to show the parent category, then one level down but no further. I am finding that if some first level sub categories don't have subs beneath them but some do...it makes the menu look like a mess when it drops down. Any ideas how to make this modification?

The theory is that you can order CMS pages in the menu and it sub menus via Admin->Preferences->CMS

The top part of the page gives you the categories that you can open up OR drill down into and CMS pages can be placed within these categories.

So make sure that you have not gone multiple levels down in some categories by clicking on each category and seeing what it contains.

While this seems easy enough as you can turn pages and categories on and off for each shop, in reality I am finding what you select does not always work for all of the shops. I'm getting clos to buying a menu module to replace the Horizontal Top Menu as it is way too buggy.

• Like 1

The theory is that you can order CMS pages in the menu and it sub menus via Admin->Preferences->CMS

The top part of the page gives you the categories that you can open up OR drill down into and CMS pages can be placed within these categories.

So make sure that you have not gone multiple levels down in some categories by clicking on each category and seeing what it contains.

While this seems easy enough as you can turn pages and categories on and off for each shop, in reality I am finding what you select does not always work for all of the shops. I'm getting clos to buying a menu module to replace the Horizontal Top Menu as it is way too buggy.

I'm beginning to think replacing it is the answer too. See, I don't want to have to turn a category OFF to make it unseen in the top menu, as I want it to remain available in the side menu....but it seems the top menu has very little to no control as to how deep you can make it display. As in my case, I only want the parent and one level deep to display on the top menu ONLY.