How to configure multistore using different domain

Hi,

I have a domain 'camocamo.eu' which is hosted on VPS using WHM/cPanel and its working fine and now i wish to add another shop in 'camocamo.eu' to use it as multi shop so i purchased/registered a new domain 'kotinee.com' from godaddy and now i wish to use 'kotinee.com' to use as 2nd store of 'camocamo.eu'.

How do i point my new domain to use my VPS?

How do i tell prestashop to use 'kotinee.com' as 2nd store of 'camocamo.eu'?

thanks in advance.

Edited by ArsalanAnsari (see edit history)

Hi, are you going to share cat/products/customers/orders/etc. between the two shops or is the 2nd domain a stand-alone  store with different content?

When we want to use another domain,  we first add the new  domain withing native PS multi-shop, then with cpanel we park that new domain to the main domain.

Yes i wish to share cat/products/customers/orders/ no its not stand alone store.

the new domain already added in ps-multi-shop but got some confusion in domain parking.

after you park, then clear browser cache, this typically resolves most issues.

Note: you are using two(2)  gTLD's, .coms when we do this we may very well be penalized for duplicate content.

Typically when we want to have multiple shops with same content we should have only one(1) gTLD (.com) and one or more ccTLD (.fr/.de/.uk for example).

You will want to do more research before implementing.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en#2

Note: you are using two(2)  gTLD's, .coms when we do this we may very well be penalized for duplicate content.

Typically when we want to have multiple shops with same content we should have only one(1) gTLD (.com) and one or more ccTLD (.fr/.de/.uk for example).

what i need to add on domain registrar's end i.e. nameserver/ip/A entry ? because my website not hosted on their server.

what i need to add on domain registrar's end i.e. nameserver/ip/A entry ? because my website not hosted on their server.

thanks El Patron atlast i successfully accomplish all the task but i got one problem when i try to get in backoffice am facing following error.

Notice: Use of undefined constant SMARTY_PHP_ALLOW - assumed 'SMARTY_PHP_ALLOW' in /home/camocamo/public_html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1592

// Check if we're running on windows

Smarty::$_IS_WINDOWS = strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) === 'WIN'; (line 1592 code in Smarty.class.php) using PS 1.6.0.9

Edited by ArsalanAnsari (see edit history)

Hi, this is a notice and does not stop the php script.

you can open file

tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1592

and change SMARTY_PHP_ALLOW to 'SMARTY_PHP_ALLOW' 

make sure to turn off prestashop debug mode when you are  not actually debugging.

thanks for the reply but what do you mean by '

do you mean i change

public $php_handling = SMARTY_PHP_ALLOW;

to

public $php_handling = 'SMARTY_PHP_ALLOW';

'

Hi, this is a notice and does not stop the php script.

you can open file

tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1592

make sure to turn off prestashop debug mode when you are  not actually debugging.

thank you so so much El Patron. Its solved.

• Like 1